Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Extra 4 Miles

Let me beginning by explaining where the title for this blog came. For the past year or so the access road to get to our home has been closed. Now it takes me an extra 4 miles to get home. It has become frustrating to just think of the extra time it takes to get home, especially when you are just ready to be home! Around 2 days ago I decided that I would no longer be frustrated about the 4 extra miles. Instead, I would use this time to pray. I decided I would pray for people that I am friends with on Facebook. I have been amazed at what has happened. As I have prayed and posted that I have prayed for certain people, they have responded. Responded with "Thank you, I needed that today", "Thank you, I am going through this and I felt your prayers". It has amazed me. I know that we pray for each other. However, I realize that people find strength and comfort in knowing that someone has prayed for them by name. Why do we not tell those that we love and care for that we prayed for them? I challenge you to pray for someone and then tell them you prayed for them. See there reaction. I remember when I was in high school, I had a friend who had went away to college. One night I felt a strong need to pray for this friend. So I did. I had no understanding of why I needed to call out to Jesus for her that night. Until I spoke with her a while later and told her I had prayed for her. She told me that on the night that I prayed, she was about to do things that were not who she was. That she was convicted that night and did not go against who she was. I would have never known that my prayer was so important to her until she knew I prayed for her. These past two days have strengthened my faith and understanding of how important prayer is for us. Pray for someone today, and then share with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment