Monday, November 4, 2013

Thankful?

My family and I have started a thankful tree. We have started to write our thankful things down on little pieces of paper and place them on our tree (twigs in a vase). I can not wait for our tree to be completed. Last month we prayed for our families, friends, church and government. I put names on leaves and put it on a tree that I drew on our big chalkboard. Our daughter really enjoyed choosing a leaf and praying for them at night. She now writes her thankful thing and then prays for it. It makes my heart happy to see her excitement. I thought I would share a little of what I am thankful for- (I know this may not interest most) 1.) Sha Rials- Her life. Thankful that the Lord has allowed her to share her craziness with us. That we have been a witness to her fight!That she continues to fight. And we rejoice with her that she was able to pick up a laundry basket with both hands!!! 2.)For my father in law- I can not even imagine what my life would look like without him in it. He is the most giving man I know. He has always been here when I need him. I can call today and he would be here tomorrow. I could feed him dirt and he would say it was the best meal. God has blessed me more then I ever deserve with him as my father in law. 3.) God supplying all my needs. Since I married in 1996 we have moved to 3 different states. I know that it not a lot. However growing up in the same state, same town, and same house all your life, moving was difficult. The Lord has supplied in all areas of my life. The one that I see the most is my friends. Each place we have lived He has placed amazing people in my life. Life long friends, mentor women, seasonal friends. I am learning right now community is an amazing thing. God has placed a community around me here that I so need in my life. They keep me sane, make me feel like I am important, care for my children and encourage me daily. I love them so very much! Those are just the first few. On top would be my husband, who is amazing! He gives more then he receives, rarely complains, and will do anything to make sure his family is cared for. My children who are crazy, funny, loving, caring and trying. I am blessed by them. My family who love and supports me. My sister who I am encouraged by her. She is strong, funny and giving. I am blessed to have her in my life! I hope that today- you can find something or someone to be thankful for. God has blessed you greatly! That is something to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment