Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Overcome?

I have a few favorite songs right now. Overcomer by Mandisa, Redeemed by Big Daddy Weave, and He is With Us by Love and the Outcome. Each song speaks to what I am working on, losing weight. I admit- food controls me more then I want it too. For those that do not have issues with food, I know it is hard to understand. I had a breakfast biscuit and a cold coffee drink this morning for breakfast. I had to run by the store after I dropped the kids off and I ended up buying another cold coffee drink. We all know what goes well with coffee. That's right, DONUTS. I wanted so bad to stop and get 2 cake donuts with chocolate icing. Sounds good, doesn't it? So I decided that I would save my coffee drink until after going to one more store and stop and get donuts. Don't forget I already had breakfast about an hour before. As I was getting closer to the gas station (because there was not a donut place on the way to my house), I had to repeat over and over, Satan you will not win. I know that it should be easy to just say no, I don't need that donut and that should be it. But for me, it is not that easy. I really had to put everything into driving past the gas station while repeating Satan, you will NOT win. He did not win when it comes to the donuts today. I did drink the coffee drink. One small victory at a time. I will overcome!

2 comments:

  1. P.S another song for your playlist Roar by Katy Perry. . . I know, but it is a good song!

    ReplyDelete